A migraine can cause severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation, usually on just one side of the head. It’s often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine attacks can cause significant pain for hours to days and can be so severe that the pain is disabling.
There are two types of migraine: without aura and with aura (the more cases) at which before the attack of headache there are local neurological symptoms.
But take it easy to consider any headache as a migraine and independently to diagnose, however make attempt educe possible factors which provoke the origin of the disease.
- use of oral contraceptives with the large doses of estrogen;
- presence of ovulation and pregnancy for women;
- consumption of alcohol, some food (mostly chocolate, coffee, cheeses, chicken liver, sausage, citrus);
- weather changes, strong physical tension, protracted insomnia;
- psychological traumas, stresses, depressions;
Risk signs of migraine:
Migraine is suspected by one of symptoms: vomiting, nausea, afraid of light and noise, attack duration from 4 to 72 hours.
Untypical symptoms for a migraine:
- progress character of headache;
- headache during physical loading, cough, sneeze, in the inclined position, in a night-time or in the morning.
- combination of headache with walking disorders or co-ordination of motions;
- an aura arises up or proceeds after stopping of headache;
- beginning of headache in senior age (after 50);
- an origin of headache on a background of the increased arteriotony;
- an origin of headache after the trauma of the head;
- combination of headache with a fever; pains of eyeballs, nausea, vomit, decline of sharpness of sight.
What to do at the beginning of migraine?
– To visit a neurologist.
The consequences of untreated early migraine:
Ignoring a headache and not visiting the specialist, it is possible “miss” a serious disease.
Our comprehensive approach to the diagnosis of migraine
Integrated non-invasive diagnostics includes:
- Ultrasound diagnostics of main and peripheral arteries and veins of head, liver, kidney and limb regional circulation
- Capillaroscopy of the thinnest vessels of the human body
- ECG-screening of ischemic changes in myocardium
- Electroencephalography – assessment of the brain functioning
- Somatic examination
- Neurological examination
- Rehabilitation examination – assessment of adaptiveness of the vascular system to physical and emotional loads
- Psychodiagnostics on the subject of exclusion of psychosomatic etiology of the disease and influence of fixed emotional loads on the vascular system
The benefit of diagnosis and treatment of migraine at the Clinic of healthy vessels
The clinic’s work is based on innovative technologies of Lushchyk U.B., MD developed in the Veritas research center.
Our clinic operates with author’s innovative approaches to diagnostics and treatment of the whole human body that have been successfully applied for 20 years on the health care market:
1) The integrated approach to assessment of pathologies of the whole human body
2) The emphasis on the vascular system investigation as the main channel of organs’ and systems’ blood supply
3) Unique technologies for investigation of the venous system as the system of blood outflow – a prototype of a sewerage system in the human body
4) Assessment of the organism’s functioning on the level of blood supply sufficiency and organ or system functioning
5) Assessment of the organism’s adaptiveness and adequacy of its functioning on physical and psychoemotional loads
6) Assessment of the logic of recreational (sanogenic) or pathological adaptations of the organism to different environmental changes (meteodependence, meteosensitivity, meteoropathies)
7) Comprehension of the logic of organism’s responses to different diseases
Effectiveness of migraine treatment in the Clinic of Healthy Vessels:
|Diagnostics (integrated examination)||We suggest to choose the following treatment modes: out-patient, medicated or integrated treatment with rehabilitation||Medical prophylaxis|
|We recommend||Out-patient treatment||Intensive medicated treatment||Individually selected integrated treatment+ rehabilitation (neurorehabilitation)
|It enables to improve health by|
|Once a week||10-20% of symptoms||30-50% for 1 month of treatment||80-100% for 1 month of treatment||If necessary|