Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a metabolic disorder, when there is not normal assimilation of sugar (glucose) from blood by cells of the organism. Thus it becomes a chronic condition associated with abnormally high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. Insulin produced by the pancreas lowers blood glucose. Absence or insufficient production of insulin, or an inability of the body to properly use insulin causes diabetes.
Diabetes mellitus classification
The two types of diabetes are referred to as type 1 and type 2. Former names for these conditions were insulin-dependent and non-insulin dependent diabetes, or juvenile onset and adult onset diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include
- increased urine output,
- excessive thirst,
- weight loss
- skin problems
- slow healing wounds,
- yeast infections,
- blurred vision, and
- tingling or numbness in the feet or toes.
If you think you have diabetes contact a health-care professional.
Diabetes is diagnosed by blood sugar (glucose) testing.
The major complications of diabetes are both acute and chronic.
- Acute complications: dangerously elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or abnormally low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) due to diabetes medications
Chronic complications: disease of the blood vessels (both small and large)
What must be done at the beginning of the illness development?
— to appeal to endocrinologist
Consequences of absence of treatment of diabetes at the beginning of disease:
- Progressing angiopathy in capillaries with circulation disorder in all organs
- The deficit of oxygen, glucose, amino acid, vitamins and minerals in tissues and cells in the organism
- progressing diabetic neuropathy
- progressing lesion of kidneys, heart
- metabolism disorder in substantial increasing in body weight and atherosclerotic changes in
- large vessels.
Integrated non-invasive diagnostics at DM includes:
- US diagnostics of major and peripheral arteries and veins of regional reservoirs in the head, kidneys, liver, extremities
- Capillaroscopy of the smallest vessels in the organism
- ECG – screening of ischemic changes of myocardium
- Electro-encephalography – estimation of cerebration
- Somatic review
- Neurological review
- A review of a rehabilitologist – an estimation of adaptiveness of the vascular system to physical and emotional loading
- Psycho-diagnostics for the purpose to avoid psychosomatic origin of illness and influence of overloads on the vascular system by fixed emotions
Advantages of diagnostics and DM treatment in our clinic
The clinic’s work is based on innovative technologies of Lushchyk U.B., MD developed in the Veritas scientific center.
The clinic operates with author’s innovative approaches to diagnostics and treatment of the whole human body that have been successfully applied for 16 years on the health care market:
1) The integrated approach to assessment of pathologies of the whole human body
2) The emphasis on the vascular system investigation as the main channel of organs’ and systems’ blood supply
3) Unique technologies for investigation of the venous system as the system of organ outflow – a prototype of a sewerage system in the human body
4) Assessment of the organism’s functioning on the level of blood supply sufficiency and organ or system functioning
5) Assessment of the organism’s adaptiveness and adequacy of its functioning on physical and psychoemotional loads
6) Assessment of the logic of recreational (sanogenic) or pathological adaptations of the organism to different environmental changes (meteodependance, meteosensitivity, meteoropathies)
7) Comprehension of the logic of organism’s responses to different diseases
Effectiveness of DM treatment in the clinic
|Diagnosis (integrated examination)||We suggest to choose the following treatment modes: out-patient, medicated or integrated treatment with rehabilitation||Medical prophylaxis|
|We recommend||Out-patient treatment||Intensive medicated treatment||Individually selected integrated treatment+ rehabilitation (neurorehabilitation)||We recommend|
|It enables to improve health by|
Once a week
|40-60% for 1-2 months of treatment||80-90-100% for 3 months of treatment with intervals||